**Please be advised that while we are currently accepting applications, we are not scheduling surgeries until mid-January 2019. All completed applications will be placed on our waitlist, in order of application submission date, with scheduling beginning in January 2019. If you have any questions, please contact Stacy Murphy, RVT at email@example.com or 519-745-5615 x235
The Kitchener-Waterloo Humane Society provides spay/neuter surgeries for pets in low income households.
Pet owners pre-register for the procedure, pre pay, and bring their pet to the shelter early in the morning on the day of the surgery. Pets are ready to be picked up mid-afternoon and return home.
Is my companion animal eligible for the program?
- Pets must be between four months and five years of age.
- Pets must be within a normal weight range for dogs and cats.
- Pets with only one testicle may be eligible for surgery but may require additional fees; this will be evaluated on intake
- In order to protect your pet from the possibility of contracting an illness while here at the clinic, we recommend that you have your pet vaccinated at least two weeks prior to your appointment. Otherwise, vaccinations will be available at the time of surgery. Proof of current vaccination status is mandatory or your animal will be vaccinated at the time of the surgery – the owner will be responsible for the cost of vaccinations. You will be asked to verify your animals vaccine status upon receipt of your application.
- Pets must not be coughing or sneezing.
- Pets should not have any medical conditions or history of complications and medical conditions.
- Pets must not be pregnant.
- Female cats must not have not nursed kittens two weeks prior surgery.
- Female dogs must not be in heat.
|Number of people in the household||Eligible income for program|
|1 – 2 people||Under $30,000|
|3 – 4 people||Under $45,000|
|5+ people||Under $50,000|
Cat Neuter – $75.00
Cat Spay – $100.00
Dog Neuter – $175.00
Dog Spay – $200.00
The above costs include a microchip, pain medication, and an e-collar (cone).
** Please add $25.00 for undescended testicle(s) or an umbilical hernia.
Cats – FVRCPC + Rabies $15.00
Dogs – DA2PPV + Rabies $15.00
Please note that this service is intended for those currently living in Kitchener-Waterloo and the surrounding townships. For those living outside Kitchener-Waterloo, please contact your local Humane Society or SPCA for information regarding low-cost options within your community,